Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Looking back and stepping forward

I have been putting together Emma's baby book and have had such a fun time looking back over this blog for dates and details! I am so glad I did this and I know Emma is really going to enjoy reading it when she is older. I decided I am going to keep it up, even if I have no readers (although I think it will be fun for her to see other people's comments too HINT HINT!).

I found the New Mommy advice cards that people filled out at my New Mexico shower and some of them really struck a cord now that Emma is here! Here are a couple good ones:

Follow your gut feelings they are usually right - Love you MOM (I'd like to have this one printed in large letters and hung above Emma's crib!)

Have patience! Every stage goes by so fast. When it's difficult it will pass soon!!!!!!! Good Luck!! - Eric Caffrey (Going to tape "When it's difficult it will pass soon" on my mirror!!)

And I have to include this one because it is just so "Shelby" -

Start teaching the baby to say Aunt Shelby is great!

LOL!
Anyway, please keep reading and I'll keep writing!

5 comments:

Bucky said...

I think its great you keep this going because I feel like its a way to keep in contact with you. Eventhough we live in the same small state, we don't get to see one another much. Being able to read your blog is a great way for me to keep in touch. I've been considering making a blog as well, my sister has one, so perhaps i will too. Thanks Kirby and hope to see (no) will see you and Emma and Andy and the kitties and the Doggy soon!
~bucky

Sarah C said...

I check this blog at least once a week to see if you have anything new to say. I think its a wonderful idea to keep going. Since I was pregnant with Larissa I have kept a journal to give to her when she is older. Before she was born I had all the time in the world to write down my thought and feelings. Now, phew, I write in it once every few months. Maybe I will do what you are doing with this blog because it is so much easier to type a few notes then to try and find a quite corner to write in.

Glennis McMurray said...

I love you Kirb dawgie! I can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE i'll read your BLOG....I LOVE hearing how my little Emma is doing!! Saw the pic in the paper today..ADORABLE!!! She's the CUTEST one on the page!! So glad you're getting some sleep at night, I KNOW how Emma is a bit fussy, BUT it will pass (hopefully SOON). Give her a kiss for me, and I'll see you soon!! Karen

Unknown said...

Love this idea--please keep it up--hope you can keep the comments as well!!