Another thing I have been completely dreading is putting Emma down in her crib for the night. She has been sleeping in her bassinet right next to me since we brought her home. Andy says I practically sleep in the bassinet with her and if it was big enough I probably would jump in there. I like having her there because I can check up on her constantly but I know that there will come a point in time where she will need to have her own space.
Yesterday morning I woke up and Emma was scrunched up in a tiny corner of the bassinet - she looked so uncomfortable! And I started thinking that maybe it was time to get over my fear of putting her in her crib for the night. So after her dinner I proceeded to put her in the crib but told myself that if she woke up to eat at 10 I'd put her in the bassinet. Well, 10 pm rolled around and she was sleeping peacefully and comfortably in the crib. I started having a mental conversation with myself - "should I wake her?" "I am not ready for this?" "should I close the window?" "Is she too hot?" "the doctor said to start putting her in her crib" "she looks comfortable." " I am not ready for this".
After completely over thinking the whole situation I decided it would be best for Emma to sleep in her crib.
I hooked up the monitor and prepared myself for a long night.
Sure enough I woke up every half and hour to check in on her, my monitor is video so at least I could see her there. At one point it didn't sound like she was breathing. I watched for awhile to see if I could see her chest move and nothing...I started to panic and have that inner conversation with myself again- "should I go in there?" "she's okay you are crazy" "I need to go in there" "She's okay".
Just as I start to get out of bed I hear "Tooot Tooot Toot" and Emma lets out one of her gas smiles.
I laugh out loud and that takes the edge of the whole situation!
Emma slept peacefully through the night and I tried not to make myself crazy!
So it's official, she's moved to her own room, and I feel a little sad about the whole thing.......I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she leaves for college!!!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
after getting her through teen age years --it will be hard to see her go but part of you will be saying thank God and greyhound she is way--its an adventure to have a child!! You are doing fine--Granny
It will get easier. I promise.
Post a Comment