My mom told me that when she was pregnant she had to be careful brushing her teeth because it would make her gag - well brushing my teeth does not only make me gag but causes me to loose whatever might be in my stomach at the time. Which really causes a dilemma - Do I brush my teeth and then puke - which will make me want to brush my teeth again? Or do I boycott brushing my teeth for the next several weeks and risk cavities, bad breath and more? These are the thoughts that are clouding my mind this Thursday morning! Anyone have any ideas???
PS: Egg Salad is not a friend of mine!

4 comments:
Get you some of those little things you put over the end of your finger...I'm not sure if it is the sweetness of the toothpaste, or the thought of something at the back of your throat that causes it. So, get some Arm and Hammer toothpaste, its not so sweet. At least you can get rid of the big pieces until later in the day when you can actually brush without gagging and or hurling!
I had the same problem Kirby - i used to use mouthwash in the am then brush after lunch - there are still times after all these years i cant brush - but mouth wash works good!!! for me the whole brushing was the issue thats why i resorted to mouth wash!
Ralax and enjoy it--you are growin baby in your tummy--soon to be in your arms--love Granny
Hi Kirby...I'm so happy for you and Andrew....savior all the things happening to you and the baby!!!!!You will cherish the memories...we all do!!
I had the same problem with Robbie, I had to brush really, really slow. I also had to keep alcohol swabs near! If you ever feel like you are about to lose it, take a whiff of an alcohol swab..its amazing how it calms the gag reflex...at least for me. Also sour candy. My pediatrician recommended it. Dee
Post a Comment