Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally....

Our parents have been told!!!

Its been so hard not telling them but we decided to wait until I was 8 weeks. Not for any particular reason - just being cautious. It took us soooo long to get here we just wanted to play it safe. I am so relieved now that they all know. We are still going to wait until 13 weeks to tell our friends and coworkers but I am so glad we've told our family. Here's a recap of their reactions:

Andy's Mom and Dad were over helping us close the pool when Andy mentioned he had some good news to share - he told them and of course they were very happy and excited. Andy's mom immediately said she was buying the crib. She's been waiting a long time to be a grandma!

I am not able to tell my parents face to face so I called my mom the night of her birthday and told her I had a surprise for her and that she was going to be a grandma. She did not say anything for a while - I had to say "MOM? HELLO?" but I realize she was just choked up, excited and happy all in one breath. My step dad was very happy and excited for us as well.

I tried to call my dad immediately after, I don't want anyone feeling bad that I told someone else before them but its hard when they are all in different locations and time zones. My dad and step mom were not home so the rest of the news breaking would have to wait until Saturday. About mid morning my step mom called and she asked if everything was OK - I said yes, why? and she said are you pregnant? I said yes and she said she just knew it. She was very excited and happy and gave the phone to my dad - I told him I was sick and he asked why and I said probably because I am eight weeks pregnant. He was also very excited.

Of course everyone wanted to know about ultrasounds and tests so I'll just recap all of the information here:
Blood work - Monday am 10/13
Ultrasound - Tuesday am 10/14
First DR - Tuesday pm 10/21

I'll be sure to keep you all updated and will be keeping up my blog too.

Glad to FINALLY have some readers - I love you all!!

2 comments:

Granny Bob said...

I am so happy and excited for you--you will be wonderful parents!! I never had morning sickness-- at least not from being pregnant --but doesnt sound fun --take lots of pictures of your fat belly and send em too me Love Ya Granny Bob

Clueless Kirby said...

Thanks Granny! Love you too