So yesterday we saw Dr. Dombo at 4:20 pm and then proceeded to my sister-in-law's house to help Andy's Mom celebrate her birthday. I didn't get a chance to promptly update the blog and I know many of you are wondering how it went.
First any of you who told me the pelvic exam is not so bad lied to me! It was very painful and uncomfortable and I was cramping for the rest of the evening - NOT FUN. I begged the baby to try to come before Thursday when I have to get another one but then Andy reminded me that in the hospital during Labor they check your cervix several times.... plus I guess I shouldn't complain because I am sure that a pelvic exam is NOTHING compared to the rest of it. Although my granny will remind me that there are good drugs to be had! :)
So, everything was good with me and baby G. The heartbeat sounded great and my blood pressure was perfect. The pelvic exam reveled that my cervix is still thick and at 1 cm - so really no change. The Dr. said I still had awhile - but we will see - only baby knows!
Next appointment (if we make it) is Thursday May 21st - which is 2 days after the due date the ultrasound tech gave me (May 19th) one day before the original due date we received at our first ultrasound (May 22) and 4 days before the 25th which is the due date the doctors gave me just recently!
If you haven't gotten in on the baby pool - there is still time!!!
Will keep you updated..........
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Come on Baby G--come on --we are ready for birthday party!!!
Don't worry Kirby, Labor can't be THAT bad, or else we'd ALL be only children!!! They have WONDERFUL drugs, the ANESTHESIOLOGIST will be your BEST friend!!! I wish you a QUICk and EASY Labor, and I can't wait to meet Baby "g"
Post a Comment