Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ultrasound Recap

Yesterday Andrew and I had another ultrasound. Everything went well, baby is 4.5 pounds, we could clearly see all of the hair (looked like a Mohawk), the tech said the baby has a small head and long legs. She didn't spend too much time on the baby and we did not get any pictures this time - I think it is because at this stage we would clearly be able to tell the sex of the baby. So she was very careful!

Here is the deal with the placenta - they measure the distance of the placenta from the cervix each time to determine if there is going to be a problem. Usually about 3 centimeters from the cervix is normal. The last time I had in ultrasound I was about 2 centimeters and this time it was 2.8 centimeters. The tech seemed optimistic that I would be able to have a natural birth but said that is the doctors ultimate call. Some doctors who are more conservative will order a c-section even with the 3 centimeters. We have another appointment with Dr. Dominitez next Tuesday (April 7th) so we will find out more from him. It might not be something we can determine until we get closer and they might want to have another ultrasound.

Had a very busy week last week with loosing my job and then my NJ baby shower was Sunday. It was really really nice! I have some pictures to share and I will do that later today.

No comments: