Andy and I spent most all day on Saturday at a "Birthing" class we signed up for through the hospital. It was actually a very good class and I am so glad we took it. Even if it did take up all of the day.
We mostly went over when to go to the hospital, the stages of labor and what to expect, breathing and pain management, etc. The teacher was an RN from the hospital who works the night shift. She has also just had a baby so she really had a lot of helpful information. I think just knowing what to expect (as much as I can) and what is going on with my body and the baby throughout the process will be such a big help. I am very glad we took this class and I feel a little more at ease with the labor and delivery process.
The class took a tour of the hospital after the class but Andy and I needed to get home to let the dog out. They have tours on Sundays and Wednesday nights so we'll call soon to get a tour. It will be helpful to know where everything is! We will be giving birth at Chilton Memorial Hospital in Pompton Plains, NJ ( http://www.chiltonmemorial.org/) if anyone is interested. This hospital is right down the street from our old condo.
We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow night with the final doctor from the practice, Dr. Dombo. Will post an update and picture after the appointment.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that you guys took a class. We really benefited from the one we took! It helps to know what to expect. I am sure they told you to make a birthing plan. My advice is to make a plan but don't have your heart set on everything going exactly the way you want it. BUT just remember that this is your birthing experience not the staffs. You do have choices, so don't be afraid to ask what your options are once you are actually in labor. In my experience some people were a little pushy!
Post a Comment